Job Title Validation Engineer
Duration Expected to be 7 Months contract with possibility of extension
Location Hudson MA 01749
- Platform Validation. The electrical validation engineer applies working knowledge of electrical/electronic theory to verify new silicon functionality and adherence to electrical specifications in a development and/or reference platform, debug and root cause issues found, and resolve customer-identified issues as they occur.
- Responsibilities: Perform measurements of high speed digital interfaces for adherence to industry specifications for timing, signal quality and performance across silicon process, voltage, and temperature conditions.
- Perform experiments to help debug issues to their root cause and develop recommended solutions.
- Evaluate test specifications, requirements, strategies and methodologies for post-silicon electrical validation.
- Execute electrical validation test plans and review, track, document and summarize test results.
- Bachelor of Science degree or a Master of Science degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science or similar degree with at least six years of industry experience.
Additional qualifications include
- Proven knowledge in the use of laboratory measurement equipment such as high speed oscilloscopes, multi-meters, and time-domain reflectometers to characterize electrical performance of new silicon and platform interfaces.
- Validating the timing and signal quality performance of high-speed DDR interfaces. Knowledge and experience running system level test scripts in a Linux/python environment. Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, coupled with the ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Experience designing and validating RF, analog, digital or mixed-signal circuits/systems would be an added advantage. HS diploma or GED equivalent required for US candidates.
Specific tasks include:
- DDR Validation (Main task)
- Experimental R&D chip debug, measurement and characterization
- Performance measurements (system margination and jitter)
- Use of the measurement’s equipment (manual and automated), signal generators etc
- Validation automation, scripting (python), and data preparation (python, MatLab, jmp)
- Setting up and modifying the validation platform
- Debugging the platform and address performance/functional issues (rework)
- Management and organization
- Creating test plans and test reports
- IO Pathfinding using FPGAs (Quartus, RTL, Verilog)