All-In-One Scriptless Test Automation Solution!
This position is for a full-time senior-level technical and management role in Dulles, VA. The successful candidate will be expected to:
• Lead a diverse team of engineers/operators
• Provide mission operations support to the ICESat2 Satellite program.
• Support system maintenance activities such as procedure updates, architecture upkeep, and formal program milestones.
• Work with systems engineers to conduct anomaly review board investigations as necessary.
• Conduct testing using simulators and resolve discrepancies.
• Develop and test command procedures, telemetry pages, and other products derived from vendor provided documentation
• Support operations readiness activities including configuration control board and other customer meetings
• Support operations, including shift work
• Monitor vehicle state of health across all subsystems and perform short and long-term telemetry trending.
• Track space vehicle configuration, to include both hardware, software, and configurable item parameters.
• Make modifications to existing operations procedures to incorporate lessons learned from in-flight performance. Develop new procedures as required.
• Provide status reporting through both the functional and program reporting branches.
• Maintain standards associated with the established Integrated/Developmental Operations functional group processes.
• Provide mentoring, guidance and manage tasks for the operations team.
• Support internal and external customer meetings through proficient verbal and documented (MS PowerPoint, MS Word, MS Excel) communications.
• May require travel ~ 10% of the time for support of customer or backup mission operations center.
Basic Qualifications (Sr. Principal):
• Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or related discipline and 9 years’ experience; 7 years with Masters; 4 years with PhD
• Ability to work within, task, and manage a group of diversified individuals with varying backgrounds to achieve mission success.
• Prior experience conducting on-orbit mission operations and resolving satellite and ground system anomalies.
• Experience writing technical documents for external customers
• Outstanding verbal and written communications skills, including ability to make persuasive presentations to external customers at milestone reviews
• Experience working with mission operations and customer organizations of NASA Goddard Customer
• Experience with ICESat2 or the LEOStar Bus
• Experience working on government systems and/or government process environment
• Experience with at least one S/C Subsystem (ADCS, CDH, COMM, EPDS, Thermal, FSW).
• Prior experience with ITOS ground control software
• Experience with MAESTRO command and control software