The Supply Planner is responsible for all aspects of customer inventory supply from the flow of inventory and ensuring the fulfilment of customer orders to managing all retailer projects for new product introductions and updates from item set up through delivery
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Identify and resolve supply exceptions by expediting purchase orders and re-allocating existing inventory
- Make purchase decisions based on target inventory levels, order fill rates and demand variables
- Work closely with Demand Planning to ensure demand plans are up to date and consistent with recent trends or retailer intel
- Work closely with the Company Distribution Center and Customer Service teams to ensure target order fill rates are being met for daily customer orders
- Monitor receipts and transfers in order to ensure the timely delivery and availability of product in addition to the department’s inventory plan
- Manage new program introductions from purchase through receipt to meet customer specifications
- Constant dialog with commercial team on projects key dates and other milestones
- Necessary coordination with China team on projects to ensure all purchase orders are shipped on time and by the correct delivery method
- Other duties as required
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- 0 – 5 years’ experience in a business setting.
- Strong analytical skills
- Demonstrated professionalism and the ability to interact with internal and external customers across all levels of an organization
- Proficient with MS Office programs with intermediate Excel knowledge
- Fluent English (both spoken and written), other language is a plus
- Strong business partnering skills
- Autonomous, with strong ability to work effectively in multi-cultural, geographically dispersed, virtual teams.
- Influencing skills and project management experience in a matrix and complex organization, covering multi-region scope
- Strong leadership and excellent communication skills