All-In-One Scriptless Test Automation Solution!
• A successful candidate enjoys learning and learns quickly, is motivated by the opportunity to solve hard problems with challenging boundary conditions, works well with a motivated and mission-focused team, enjoys working with both speed and accuracy, and takes great pride in their work and the work of the team(s).
• Candidates should have demonstrated experience in technical problem solving, to include decomposition, root cause analysis, solution development, implementation, and monitoring.
• Software Engineers will be a critical member of one or more Agile Scrum Teams.
• After hours or extended workweek may be required.
What You’ll Have an Opportunity to Do:
• Full stack development at the OS, platform, and mission unique software layer.
• Developing client and server applications and services using service-oriented architectures, message bus-based data exchange that include first-of-a-kind capabilities.
• Applications will span languages and toolsets including C++, Python, Postgres, Ansible, cloud infrastructure provisioning, PKI, and static code analysis execution and finding remediation.
• Developer will be expected to be a self-starter capable of making decisions with overall project budget and schedule in mind.
• Develop software which provides command and control functionality of a hardware system (sending commands, receiving acknowledgements, working on and integrating across interfaces)
• Develop software which enables activity planning and constraint checking to achieve mission outcomes
• Develop software which enable the visualization of a complex and dynamic environment in both two and 3 dimensions, complete with decisions tools, intelligent context, and user-centric interface design
• This position may be filled at a higher level based on the qualifications below
Basic Qualifications for a Principal Software Engineer:
• Bachelor’s in software engineering, Computer Science, or closely related discipline plus 5 years of development experience (2 years with a Master’s Degree, 0 years with a PhD) with C++, Python
• Familiarity with Agile programs including Agile DevOps
• Experience with the design, build, and deployment of software products
• Experience in producing software architecture documentation
• Experience developing satellite ground software with any of the following applications for spacecraft missions is highly preferred: Command and Control, Mission Planning, Visualization, and/or Astrodynamics
• Experience with the creation and use of spacecraft command and control system utilizing cryptographic equipment and a combination of government and/or commercial communications paths
• Experience with the creation and use of planning software and constraint checking applications utilized in astrodynamically complex and kinematically dynamic space mission planning
• Experience with the creation and implementation of visualization tools for space missions, including dynamic renderings of space vehicles, depiction of space vehicle missions, simulation of space vehicle sensor and mission outputs, and configuration displays of complex contextual and situational awareness information
• Java, C, Qt are all desired
• Graphics and Animation
• UX/UI is preferred.