All-In-One Scriptless Test Automation Solution!
The Senior Systems Engineer has duties that include but are not limited to:
● The Senior Systems Engineer is responsible for management, planning, and operations of Windows and LINUX servers in University Information Services, and accountable for the security, availability and performance of these systems.
● S/he performs software installation and ongoing maintenance and improvements, and works with engineering and operations staff to design new systems and with end users to analyze and document requirements.
● The Senior Systems Engineer ensures system security and integrity of all Windows and Linux systems managed by NCS, and spends some time on researching new technologies and assess their applicability to needs especially related to the security and integrity of Windows and Linux systems.
● 5 year candidate with automation abilitities, Python, Terraform and AWS cloud that is comfortable w/contract work and willing to commit.
● Excellent technical skills and is able to work well with other engineers in a team
● Technical work using Terraform, Google and AWS Cloud
● Cutting edge technology, opportunity to work remote and flexible, strong team appreciates and supports technical skills
● Terraform is ideal
● Salt, Git, Linux, AWS, GCP
● Designs and contributes to solutions in areas like continuous integration, operations automation, full stack provisioning, containerization, configuration management, and orchestration systems
● Assists in testing new products, technology, and configurations in the testing lab; and provides assistance with integrating them into the server infrastructure to provide better performance, greater up-time, and new features to the user community – both internal and external to UIS.
● Provides 24×7 server support by participating in after-hours on-call schedule, and performs scheduled maintenance and upgrades during weekend and evening hours.
● Supports a variety of applications and processes that depend on the Windows and Linux servers – for example, backup, off-site tape rotation, disaster recovery preparedness, directory and time synchronization, network file and printing, remote server management, remote user access, and system security.