● Organize and facilitate agile activities and ceremonies including daily stand-up meetings, sprint reviews, retrospectives, sprint and release planning, and product backlog refinement sessions.
● Ensure that all meetings are positive, productive, stay on topic, and are kept within the timebox.
● Collaborate closely with the product owner to manage the backlog.
● Effectively manage user story estimation and forecasting.
● Champion and facilitate adoption of agile standards, tools, and best practices.
● Coach team on established IT and corporate standards (e.g., security, quality, and architecture) to minimize operational and reputational risk.
● Proactively identify and resolve impediments to team progress.
● Communicate with leaders across the organization to ensure transparency into delivery progress, challenges, and risks.
● Utilize team feedback and metrics (e.g., quality, delivery, cadence, etc.) to identify areas of opportunity and work with team to continuously improve.
● Coach the team to improve collaboration and self-management, promoting healthy interactions both within the team and with external stakeholders.
● Represent the team at broader planning and coordination sessions (e.g., Scrum of Scrums).
● Support the team in using agile planning and development tools (e.g. JIRA, Confluence, Rally).
● Experiment with new practices and frameworks to improve team outcomes.
● Actively participate in learning opportunities such as communities of practice or conferences to improve skills and better support the team.
● Contribute to the advancement and improvement of agile practices within the organization.
Skills and Competencies
● Deep knowledge of agile practices, frameworks, and techniques.
● Excellent people and project management skills.
● Coaching skills and ability to motivate teams at least 2 teams simultaneously.
● Strong communication and presentation skills.
● Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
● Experience with agile planning and development tools (e.g. JIRA, Confluence, Rally).
● Demonstrated ability to communicate complex technical information in a condensed manner to various stakeholders verbally and in writing. Especially to new onboarded teams.
● Agile, scrum, certification preferred (e.g. CSM, CSP, SAFe)