The client is searching for a resource that can assist a customer with Mist AP deployments and who has overall Junos expertise.
• Primary focus would be on the Switches: EX2300, EX4300, EX4200, EX4550, QFX5100, QFX10K
• Secondary focus would be on Routers: MX960, MX480, MX240
• Mist Platform
• Wifi AP’s and wireless assurance
• EX wired assurance
• Campus Fabric’s
• Candidates for this role MUST have a minimum 3-5 years experience providing implementation and technical support of networking products in LAN, WAN, or Internet services environments.
• Candidates for this role MUST be able to demonstrate the following competencies:
• Strong Interpersonal skills, Ability to work well with many levels of customer engineering and management, ability to work well with the juniper account team and Technical assistance center.
• Detailed technical experience in the installation and operation of IP Routers and Switches (Routers: MX960, MX480, MX240; Switches: EX2300, EX4300, EX4200, EX4550, QFX5100, QFX10K) This includes hands-on operation of management tools and network analyzers.
• Detailed understanding of the protocols surrounding IP networks.
These skills should generally include:
1. TCP/IP fundamentals;
2. LAN switching: 802.1q trunk links, Q-n-Q transport, MSTP, PVST, RSTP, bundle interfaces ;
3. Routing protocol operation (IS-IS, BGP, MP-BGP);
4. Multicast: IGMP v1/v2/v3, PIM SM; e. MPLS: LDP, RSVP, L2VPN (LDP/BGP signaling) , L3VPNs;
5. redundant technologies: VRRP, Juniper VC, mixed VC technologies;
6. Data Center : EVPN/VXLAN.
• The ability to function in a team environment and recognize and take on tasks with self-direction as well as the ability to take direction from the customer, account team, and Advanced Services Management.
• The ability to communicate well within the Juniper team articulating customer problems before they become issues being proactive where possible.
• Hands-on configuration and operational knowledge of Juniper Networks router and switching products, passion to continue learning and expanding your knowledge.
The ideal candidate for this role will be able to demonstrate the following competencies:
• 5+ years experience in managing large technical account activity revolving around network products from multiple vendors.
• JNCIA, JNCIS, JNCIP, JNCIE, CCNP, CCIE a strong plus
• Knowledge of Python, NETCONF and PyEZ would be a plus but not a strong requirement. Experience with automation frameworks such as Ansible would be a plus.
• Hands-on experience on troubleshooting multicast environments is a strong plus
• Hands-on experience with large scale MPLS networks is a strong plus
• Hands-on experience on troubleshooting large scale L2 switching environments is a strong plus
• Apstra – Data Center automation would be a plus