Working hours for this role would be 12 hour shifts, 2 days on, 2 days off, 3 days on, 3 days off. These would start on day shift (7:00 am-7:30 pm) for initial training and then be moved to night shift (7:00 am-7:30 pm).
- Describes the primary goals, objective or function or outputs of this position.
Sets up equipment for routine processes.
- Under general supervision operates complex equipment and monitors manufacturing process.
- Becomes conversant with overall functionality of departmental
- Communicates all operational events and issues with appropriate individuals.
- Identifies opportunities for improvement throughout the operations and assists in the implementation of changes both in physical operations and written documents.
- Operates assigned jobs and maintains operating conditions within the desired range under supervision.
- May work with certified or qualified
- Trainer to learn equipment and manufacturing process, based on previous experience.
- Sets up equipment to accommodate minor processing changes.
- Becomes more knowledgeable on work processes to assist with identifying and implementing work improvements.
- Knowledgeable of basic jobs in assigned area of responsibility and Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) policies. Demonstrates compliance to local and industry quality and safety standards.
- Proficient in either manual or controlled process equipment
- Learns and expands knowledge with the help of the certified and qualified trainer. Comprehends and applies all required technical, regulatory, and safety training.
- Ability to troubleshoot problem situations with occasional assistance.
- Under occasional supervision makes timely decision to accomplish department goals.
Recommends improved manufacturing and departmental processes, and takes some ownership of tasks.
- Listens actively to acquire information and understand work procedures. Participates in the sharing of information to promote overall efficiency of production. Attends and actively participates in meetings.
- Works to resolve conflict in professional and constructive manner with individuals inside and outside operating environment.
- High School diploma required.
- Must have basic technical knowledge with manufacturing experience in a chemical, biological, pharmaceutical, or similar environment.
- Knowledge of department basic operating procedures and guidelines, compliance and safety rules and procedures relating to normal duties
- High School Diploma
- Ability to navigate through a computer
- Ability to work 8-12 hours on your feet
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds