Work Schedule is 9 / 80
• Analyzes, researches, designs and develops materials and their related fabrication and application processes to develop and optimize materials for use in engineering design of and/or application in structures, systems and subsystems.
• Applies principles of chemistry, physics, and material behavior to develop metallic, non-metallic and composite material and processing specifications, fabrication and assembly processes.
• Develops, analyzes and applies material properties and design allowables, processing processes and quality engineering specifications.
• Material analyses may include failure analysis of components, systems and subsystems, life predictions, and definition and requirement specifications.
• May review and approve subcontractor material processing procedures.
• Requires BS in Materials Engineering or Equivalent and a minimum 5 years work experience.
• Masters or PhD in Materials Engineering or Equivalent and a minimum 3 years work experience.
• Preferably those years would be with an Aeronautical / Aerospace prime (e.g. Boeing, G.E., Honeywell etc.) so that they have a familiarity with Military, AMS, and ASTM specifications