Job Title Lab Technician
Duration Expected to be 13 Months contract with possibility of extension
Location Chandler AZ 85226
- Competitive Analysis Lab Technician will tear down and analyze phone, tablet, and other electronic system components to assess package design and process parameters of products offered by client competitors.
- Use various tools in labs to de-process ICs including cross section and planar polish.
- Take extensive photographic documentation and measurements of different component, package and motherboard configurations.
- Clearly document and comment about the observations gathered from these teardowns.
- Label, upload and organize images and tabulate data from various sources into summary tables.
- Prepare and submit lab work orders and track schedules. Will use some Failure Analysis or LYA sample preparation tools such as solder rework station, optical microscopy, electrical multi-meters, Mechanical Polisher, Milling tools, or Chemical Etching
- AA degree (technical discipline) – Communication skills, specifically interacting with Competitive Analysis and laboratory engineers and managers to understand Technical concepts. –
- Ability to search technical internet sites to collect competitive data and to define effective product disassembly strategies
- 2 years’ experience in the following: — use lab bench and test equipment and follow a data collection plan to make precision measurements.
- Ability to hand and mechanically grind and polish samples to obtain precision planar and cross sections.
- Organizational and computer skills to support lab submissions tracking and data compilation