The Grants and Financial Specialist independently manages all matters pertaining to grants administration, both financial and administrative, and has financial oversight and administrative responsibility for the sponsored projects. This position provides high-level comprehensive pre- and post- award management, subcontract administration, and financial analysis. This position is the administrative liaison between the administrative core, the Office of Sponsored Projects (OSP), collaborating institutions, sponsoring agencies, and principal investigators (PIs). The incumbent has a broad scope and knowledgeable of research administration and financial matters.
• Able to work quickly and efficiently with many concurrent deadlines, and multiple Principal Investigators
• Advanced organizational skills gained through experience and education. Able to work with speed and accuracy. Knowledge of Excel. Experience with proofreading and editing.
• Self-starter, forward thinking individual, proven initiative, pro-active.
• Quantitative skills needed for budgeting
• Excellent computer, written, organization and communication skills. Ability to develop effective tracking systems.
• One (1) to two (2) years of experience in accounting, finance, project management, or a related field. Experience with federal and non-federal grants preferred.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Gmail, Google docs, MS suite
• Organized, able to meet deadlines and can work quickly and accurately
• TOP 3 Skills:
1. Accounting/Financial background
2. Proficient in Excel
3. Previous experience with federal and non-federal grants preferred.
• Nice to have: Experience with Workday