• Develop and document new test methods
• Independently design and conduct critical experiments.
• Draw conclusions from own multistage experiments, note significant deviations, then suggest, design, and pursue relevant experiments.
• Implement and innovate new experimental protocols/techniques.
• Perform routine and complex tasks competently with no supervision and generate reliable and consistent results.
• Understand relevant engineering literature and apply theoretical framework to solving problems within engineering discipline in a timely manner.
• Understand and adhere to corporate standards regarding code of conduct, safety, appropriate handling of materials, controlled drug, GxP compliance, and animal care where applicable.
• A degree in an engineering field (mechanical, materials, packaging, bioengineering): BS or equivalent education typically 5-7 years of experience; MS or equivalent education with typically 3+ years of experience.
• Theoretical and practical knowledge to carry out lab testing and other lab-based activities.
• General understanding of the safety requirements for lab-based activities.
• Basic experience with tooling and fixture design and realization – CAD, machining, 3D printing.
• Experience with work in the regulated environment desired; developing tests conforming to standards.
• The understanding of good documentation practice essential.
Essential Skills and Abilities
• A team attitude with a positive outlook is a must.
• Good communication skills, both written and oral. Ability to prepare technical reports.
• Ability to manage multiple, complex projects.
• Proficiency in MS Office, and Solidworks.
• Gauge R&R – definition, interpretation, reporting.
• DOE – definition, execution, analysis
• LabView, Minitab are a plus.