• Designs major components or major portions of a functional system to develop or improve products and facilitate manufacturing operations.
• Develops basic data and makes preliminary layouts, sketches, and notes necessary to present design proposal.
• Investigates pertinent design factors such as ease of manufacture, availability of materials and equipment, interchangeability, replaceability, strength-weight efficiency, and contractual specification requirements and cost.
• Coordinates with other organizations affected by design development.
• Makes layouts of complex assemblies and details parts of devices, mechanisms, and structures.
• Checks completed layouts and drawings for clarity, completeness, conformity to standards, procedures, specifications, and accuracy of calculations and dimensioning. • Identifies design errors, omissions, and other deficiencies, and recommends revisions and/or improvements in design layout to responsible engineers or designers.
• NX and/or CATIA experience preferred.