Shift Timings: Work schedules can vary, but we strive for a 9/80 work week, which gives us every other Friday off to pursue interests outside of the office.
Join Client on our continued mission to push the boundaries of possible across land, sea, air, space, and cyberspace. Enjoy a culture where your voice is valued and start contributing to our team of passionate professionals providing real-life solutions to our world’s biggest challenges. We take pride in creating purposeful work and allowing our employees to grow and achieve their goals every day by Defining Possible.
• Designs major components or major portions of a functional system to develop or improve products and facilitate manufacturing operations.
• Develops basic data and makes preliminary layouts, sketches, and notes necessary to present design proposal. Investigates pertinent design factors such as ease of manufacture, availability of materials and equipment, interchangeability, replace ability, strength-weight efficiency, and contractual specification requirements and cost.
• Coordinates with other organizations affected by design development.
• Makes layouts of complex assemblies and details parts of devices, mechanisms, and structures. Checks completed layouts and drawings for clarity, completeness, conformity to standards, procedures, specifications, and accuracy of calculations and dimensioning. Identifies design errors, omissions, and other deficiencies, and recommends revisions and/or improvements in design layout to responsible engineers or designers.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Design with 3 years of experience or Associates Degree with 7 years of experience or 10 years relevant experience
• Recent PTC Creo 7.0 Parametric and PDMLink Windchill 11.0 or higher experience is a must
• Experience in 3D CAD modeling using standard commercial CAD software
• Experience in 2D drafting and drawing creation from 3D models
• Experience modifying existing 2D drawings and 3D CAD models
• Minimum 5-9 years technical experience in design and fabrication of special tooling and related equipment.
• Experience in advanced assembly techniques in Creo Parametric including skeleton driven top-down design, simplified reps and other large assembly management techniques
• Demonstrated ability to evaluate vendor and equipment capability and ability to perform required tasks to include production of tooling as well as unique aerospace part production.
• Creo modeling and drafting experience.
• Experience applying and interpreting ASME Y14.5 drawing standards
• Knowledge of applying and interpreting Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) to drawings
• Work alongside the engineering and manufacturing team to ensure overall program quality, delivery, and cost objectives are achieved
• Work with internal Customers and review team to assure customer satisfaction with design concepts needed support equipment for new and existing programs
• Developing tooling concepts, creating/reviewing and improving manufacturing processes to meet Customer requirements
• Work closely with Tool Engineers to create 3D CAD models and 2D final drawings for manufacturability
• Support Operations and Process Engineering in the use of all tooling to promote continuous improvement
• Strong candidates for this position will possess:
• Desire, i.e. passion, to build and manufacture support hardware.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong organizational skills in managing time, projects and resources.
• Leadership ability.
• Technical attention to detail.
• Drive and motivation to be proactive in problem solving and continuous improvement.