Describe the primary goals, objectives or functions or outputs of this position.
Delivery Services Customer Service Rep’s primary objective is to resolves customer requests, questions and complaints frequently requiring analysis of situations to determine the best use of resources. This role will also maintain statistics for departmental reporting.
Communication is continuous phone and email interaction with customers, vendors, co-workers and carriers.
- Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional policies and procedures.
- Manages resolutions of customer inquiries or complaints, as well as resolving and researching problems with mail, packages, lost or miss-delivered shipments.
- Perform day-to-day administrative tasks such as processing letters/packages, internal pick-up requests, Rush deliveries, and Staples download.
- Document data and retain information files by entering, recording, storing, or maintaining information in written or electronic form.
- Investigate documents and record errors found while resolving customer issues.
- Provides back up for package receiving, mail center, specialists or other areas as needed.
- Completes required training to support area functions as necessary.
- Supports and provides input for department systems and/or scanning equipment.
- Participates in cross-functional teams to coordinate operational enhancements.
- Provides input towards departmental goals and long range planning.
- Coordinate pick-up of mail and packages being returned or moved internally and deliver incoming mail and packages to customers and mail stops.
- Provide assistance to high priority customers
- Accurately receive incoming packages, verify items against packing slip, process into receiving system and close purchase orders in SAP if required.
- Maintain dock/cage area and vehicle if applicable.
- Use computer applications to investigate and reroute miss-directed mail and packages.
- Prepare pallets for transportation and move to various dock staging areas. Utilize various regulations and policies. Print and sort manifests for selected freight and place on pallet for Delivery Routes.
- Operate various types of material handling equipment for the delivery of packages.
- High School Graduate or GED and be able to read, understand and enter information into
training records and IT systems all written in English.
- Must be capable of lifting up to 70 lbs., walking, standing, stooping and climbing ladders
as well handling heavy packages.
- Must have valid driver’s license when operating company vehicles on public roadways.
- Excellent communication and problem solving abilities needed, adaptable to change and able
- Lots of walking
- To perform independently required. Safety Shoes are required