An engineering professional who applies strong technical IT developer background knowledge, engineering knowledge, mathematics, and ingenuity to complete assignments related to Maximo EAM and supporting systems.
• Compliance with applicable policies and procedures.
• Provides daily business and technical operations support to Global Maximo EAM and Cognos Reporting tool.
• Functional understanding of Oracle Database Management software. Thorough understanding of applications information analysis and Site data auditing/reporting.
• Plans and conducts small- to medium-size assigned projects within engineering specialty requiring conventional types of plans, investigations, and/or equipment. Coordinates and monitors activities/projects. Reviews plans and monitors status of implementation for those assigned to project; makes judgments regarding quality of implementation within discipline; employs contingency plans to recover from schedule slippage and financial overruns when appropriate.
• System Administration for Global Cognos. Recognizes changes in the environment and present resources as indicators of future problems and opportunities; prepares for such eventualities.
• Improves methods/designs/processes. Recognizes and implements good ideas/innovations/costs reductions; consistently generates/adopts original solutions to problems and reduces them to practices.
• Mentors others by sharing technical expertise and providing feedback and guidance. Resolves underlying problems. Identifies full range of customer/client needs and proposes solutions to address them; makes alterations in products or services to better meet (recognized or unrecognized) customer need.
• Uses appropriate tools to collect, correlate and analyze data; records and maintains technical data for use in developing operating and instructions manuals.
• Assist and develop standards and operational procedures. Provide training on the Cognos system. Develops an effective training plan for providing training to the internal users of the systems.
• Provide production support and resolves user issues with system performance, availability and functionality
Years of experience/education and/or certifications required:
• BS/BA in Computer Science, Computer Technology, Engineering or Relevant Discipline and 5+ years of direct relevant experience (Maximo system, Oracle Database, Qlick View and Cognos) implementing & developing Maximo systems, user support, & Maximo v6.x/v7.x
Top 3-5 skills requirements
• Must possess good written and verbal communication skills. Must be knowledgeable of various software applications including Maximo, Excel, Word, Visio, Project, PowerPoint, Cognos 10.2.2 or 11.X, Qlick View and meeting software such as WebEx.
• Knowledge of Spanish, German or Italian is considered an advantage and therefore preferred.
• Experience with database, drawing, project management and/or technical calculation software is preferred. Knowledge of software systems used in operations or maintenance is also preferred.
• Good Customer service and interpersonal skills. Analytical and problem solving skills are required to troubleshoot to set up work processes, organize project work, run or support a meeting and effectively coordinate and manage groups are preferred.
• Manage IAM( Service Now) tracking system by proficiently monitoring, responding, resolving and documenting all support/ technical resolution issues.
• Knowledge and practice of GMP – Good Manufacturing Practices, validated systems, Client policies and applicable engineering standards that are associated with job function are preferred.
Nice to have
• Cross functional team work (works cross function with BTS)
• Participation on a team project
• Knowledge and practice of GMP – Good Manufacturing Practices, validated systems, Client policies and applicable engineering standards that are associated with job function are preferred
• Monday – Friday -7:30am – 4pm (flexible)
• Occasional special projects over weekends (not extended periods for a couple of hours)