: animal care experience, cleaning and spraying cages, disinfecting and sanitizing equipment, safely lift 50 pounds, stocking supplies.
: North Chicago
: 6 Months
Mon-Fri 6am-2:30pm, every 3rd weekend Sat/Sun 6:00am -2:30pm once trained. Description:
• Maintains the vivarium and support areas through proper execution of assigned tasks.
• Directly performs the daily activities involved with cleaning and spraying cages, disinfecting and sanitizing equipment, and stocking supplies.
• Follows department procedures, to include but not be limited to: cage cleaning, room sanitation, equipment preparation and moving, and cage changes.
• Maintains daily husbandry tasks through proper execution of training materials and assigned tasks.
• Directly performs animal handling, carrying and holding animal cages and animals, using and moving carts, hoses or any other lab equipment and supplies.
• Follows department procedures to provide comprehensive observation and handling of various research animals. Assists with the receiving and housing of research animals; including preparing for the housing activity.
• Documents tasks in both written and electronic platforms in accordance with regulatory expectations.
• Documentation style must be neat, organized, and consistent with departmental standards.
• Maintains area of responsibility by practicing good observation skills and attention to detail.
• Physical dexterity, visual and auditory acuity, and sensitivity to changes in environmental conditions are utilized in daily task performance.
• Uses experience and training to make minor decisions to execute daily responsibilities to support animal care operations.
• Applies basic computer skills to maintain regulatory compliance and training to include but not limited to, email, calendar, and computer based training modules.
• Assures duties are completed accurately and in a timely manner not to impact pipeline activities and/or integrity of regulatory expectations.
• High School Diploma Required
• Problem-solving ability consisting of taking initiative to handle basic issues autonomously and working with team members for more complex issues to support animal care operations.
• Ability to consistently perform functions consistent with company leadership behaviors and attributes.
• Ability to safely lift 50 pounds, consistently stand and walk for extended periods of time, to include walking and adhering to safety rules and expectations including but not limited to: grasping, squeezing, pushing, pulling, squatting, stooping, and bending.
• Willing and able to work a rotating schedule which includes some level of mandatory weekend coverage and holiday coverage.
• Ability to work in compliance with all local, federal, and USDA regulations.
• Good communication skills and the ability to maintain efficiency in the workplace and effective in a team environment.
• Attention to detail to provide good animal welfare.
• 5+ years’ experience
• Experience with animals is great, petco, petsmart, vet clinic etc.
• Certification through AALAS is preferred
• Previous animal care experience preferred
: 1-3 years
: Mir Kumail Abbas
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.