: academic, Banner, calendar, events, front desk, Google Apps, Google products, job fair, logistical support, meeting, Microsoft Office, staffing events, University Background, Workday
, Rhode Island
: 2 months, Could be potential Contract to Hire
• The Academic Program Coordinator serves as a member of a team providing logistical support for programs, instructors, courses, and services offered through the Division of Pre-College and Undergraduate Programs.
• Annually, these programs offer over 400 courses in a variety of formats and structures (credit and non-credit; on campus, online, and off-site, including international locations; 1-7 weeks and 9 months long), approximately 500 instructors (faculty, graduate students, and visiting instructors) and undergraduate and graduate student Teaching Associates/Assistants, serving approximately 6,000 pre-college and undergraduate students.
• The team members work under the direction of the Associate Director for Program Support and in support of Program Directors.
• The team members provide year-round support for programs by maintaining course and instructor databases, communicating with instructors regarding all aspects of courses (including the details of course offerings, class schedules, classroom needs, media support, computing support, and fieldtrip logistics); ensuring Director of Graduate Studies’ approval of graduate students instructing; and facilitating the flow of timely and accurate information between instructors, department staff, and Program Directors, as well as several Divisional operational areas (including teams in Enrollment Management, Operations, and Pre-College Campus Life) and University offices (including Environmental Health and Safety, the Registrar’s office, and academic departments).
• While each Coordinator has responsibility for supporting specific programs in these ways, each needs to be familiar with the broad range of processes and details affecting all programs.
• Academic Program Coordinators also assist with supporting other Divisional events and services as needed, e.g. preparing and staffing events, front desk coverage, joining in employment searches, etc.
Type of experience needed:
• Excellent written and oral communication proficiency, including the use of email and telephone
• Computer proficiency and experience working with spreadsheets, databases and an enterprise system such as Banner preferred
• Complete working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite required, and Google products.
• Strong attention to detail
• Team-oriented, professional, collaborative and strong work ethic
• Ability to problem solve and prioritize multiple competing priorities effectively
• Appreciation of the issues and values related to diversity and inclusion in a workplace and an academic setting.
• Bachelor’s degree and 1 to 2 years of relevant experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience in an academic setting preferred.
• Google Apps, Microsoft. Workday, Salesforce and Banner preferred but not required
• Strong attention to detail, upbeat positive attitude, strong multitasker and customer service skills.
• Attention to Detail, Strong communication skills, Positive Attitude
• Problem Solver, Works well under pressure, Systems noted above
: 2- 5 years
: Anil Kumar
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.